So as we look forward to another annual outing of the fantastic Doddington Carnival & Sports Day, here are a few things going on around the village that you should be aware of.
- The Three Tuns will be open on Saturday from 7:30am with a BBQ food being served throughout the day, Live music in the garden 2 – 6pm and then an indoor disco from 9pm.
- The main roads into and around the village will be closed from 9am until 12:30pm to allow for a clear and safe journey for the Carnival Procession.
- This means that bus services through the village will be affected. See here for the service updates: Stagecoach (stge.co/OYSwV) | Norfolk Green (stge.co/OYsdr).
- Doddington Fish Bar will be frying from 10am with Carnival Day Special’s on offer:- Cod & Chips (small) – £4.00
– Sausage & Chips (small) – £2.00
– Cone of chips – £1.00
And here are some of the handy details for the Carnival itself:
- The theme for this years carnival is American entertainment.
- The annual Fancy dress competition will take place at 9:30am, outside the church. Entrants are asked to dress up as their favourite American entertainment character.
- The Carnival Procession parade starts at 10am outside the church and will travel it’s usual route loop down to Primrose Hill and then back in through the village via Newgate St up to Church Lane and back down the High St and down Benwick Road to the field where the day’s afternoon activities and races will take place.
- Entry to the field is open to all, admission is £1 for adults and children are FREE.
- Due to popular demand Discover Your Mojo will be in attendance again at the field at this years Carnival. An extra admission will be required for this.
- This years Carnival Prince and Princess is Charlie Alger & Hope Crook, give them a wave as they cruise by in the procession.
- Entrants for the Soap Box Challenge are required to take their soap boxes to the field for judging and the race. Competition will be for ‘Best in Show’ and ‘Fastest Soapbox’.
We hope you have a great day, and don’t forget your sun cream!